University of Derby
We aim to explore 3D printing and other related emerging technologies. The society will make 3D printing more accessible to all University of Derby students and improve the society members’ design skills whilst making fun projects together.
Short term Aims
• Learn more about 3D printing.
• Build a 3D printer and learn how to optimise 3D printers to get good prints.
• Print both university and personal projects (e.g toys of any size)
Long term Aims
• Help engineering, science and business students that are interested in gaining practical experiences by offering practical projects sourced from local SMEs.
• Offer a Non-profit and cost-competitive rapid prototyping service with design and printing for all, based at the University.